The Love of My Life!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Provo City Half Marathon

I ran the Provo City 1/2 Marathon this weekend. I've been sick for several days- not ideal for race-week! I had my physical on Friday, so I had the doctor check my ears and throat while I was there. No sense in paying for two appointments, right?! Diagnosis: Sinus infection. I haven't been sleeping well, but we have yet to run a race with a good night sleep- Right Emily?! I woke up feeling yucky, but determined. It was a beautiful morning for a run. I started out strong. but around mile 2 (of 13!) my nose started to run (haha...run-sorry, still not with it!)
For the next mile or so, I was drowned on snot. Slowed me down a little, but did make me feel a little better. I finished in 2 hours 36 minutes. My best time last year was 2:35, so I was pretty excited. Today... I'm hobbling around and my head is still stuffy. But I got my medal. :)
It's amazing how running keeps me centered. I can't really explain it to a non-runner, but Aaron, Emily and Brent know what I mean. Even with the pain and the drawn out illness this week, I still would do it again! Can't wait for the next one! Just glad it's not too soon!

3 comments:

Emily said...

You're amazing Beth!!! Thanks for sharing all your fun race stories :) Congrats on finishing ANOTHER half marathon!!!

Leah Kynaston said...

Congrats on finishing a half marathon. aaron is running the utah valley half marathon next month. He didn't make it into St. George again. So he is looking for another marathon. He is thinking of TOU again. We are so proud of you.

LL said...

That is so awesome! Way to go!!